1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Itt Tech

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Mancow, Oct 30, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Mancow

Mancow Thread Starter

Hi

I was wondering what the users of this forum think about ITT Technicial institute. I am about to enroll for there computer networking systems program. I am reading some reviews online about there schools and it looks like nobody can find jobs that go there!?

I signed alot of paperwork today, are there any graduates that found jobs here? Or anyone thats knows about the school in general?

Thanks,
    Mancow

2. espressoguy

espressoguy

I don't know specifically about ITT Tech but I do know about community/technical colleges in general. Here is my opinion:
    1) Ask to see a Graduate Survey. This is a survey done each year that shows the number of graduates from your specific program, how many are employed full-time in the field for which they were trained, how many are employed part-time in their field, how many do not have jobs, etc.

2) Ask the school for a list of employers who hire their Grads. Call these employers and talk to them.

Be very wary of fancy advertising. Do your research. Don't believe everything your told. Check it out for yourself.

If the school cannot or will not give you the above information.....run for the hills:eek:

3. Mancow

Mancow Thread Starter

4. Mancow

Mancow Thread Starter

____------------------------------------------

5. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

a couple of things I've seen various trade schools like ITT mention as selling points are:

1) They offer financial aid even if you aren't "poor"

2) They help you find a job after graduation

They offer these and other such things as reasons why they are better than traditional universities or colleges. In fact, every accredited college and university I've ever visited offers these same benefits. Plus, you get a REAL degree, not a certificate of accomplishment from Joe's School of Computer Maintenance and Locksmithing.

6. Perfesser

Perfesser

One line in particular from ITT Tech's ads: "credits are unlikely to transfer". I read that to mean that they are not fully accredited.
    Add to that (this is MY OPINION only) that since most of the advertising on (name deleted satellite TV) is questionable, such as inventor's services, work at home schemes, cash loans at 99%, that I have to be leery of ANYTHING advertised there. Not to mention the really annoying GEICO ads...

7. hannab

hannab

You don't like the Geico Gekko :confused:

[​IMG]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!