1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Itune 10.4 cannot burn CD - Recording software missing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ilovehl, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovehl

ilovehl Thread Starter

Recently I installed a new Norton Internet Suite software and then my CD ROM drive went missing.
    I then used Micrsoft Fix it software to fix the problem and got my computer (Window Media player) to work with my CD Rom drive again. (I have Window Vista Home Premium OS).

Unfortunately, my Itunes still cannot burn CD - error was missing recording software. I have repeatly
    removed and reinstalled my Apple software, and this included both the previous 10.3 version Itunes and the latest 10.4 version Itunes and Apple related software. The itunes can import CD, but not burn CD.

I know I have the latest driver for the CD, and also tried removing the GEAR.driver on my computer. Nothing helps. Ran twice the Microsoft Fix it Center software and it did not do anything good.

Norton technical Support remotely worked on my computer and cannot fixed my problem. They tried to restore my operating system to before I installed the Norton but it did not worked as I got the error message that not all components/softwares have been reinstalled. Theny insisted that it was not their software that caused my problem.

I have researched information on the web that discussed possible cause is the registy has been moved and Itune cannot find the registry to locate the recording software. - This is above my head. Not sure if this is the cause and I hope someone can provide me details on how to fix this problem.

Thank you very much:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!