iTunes 6- no more music store

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jtn3833

I don't like iTunes 7 because of the way it organizes podcasts so I've stuck with iTunes 6 and now whenever I try to access the Podcast Directory (or the Music Store at all) I recieve the following error:

"Could not complete the Music Store request. The store may be busy. Check your internet connection or try again later."

I can still update my podcasts but can't find new ones.

Is Apple no longer supporting iTunes 6 already? or is there another problem?

thanks,
JTN

I noticed the same problem using itunes 6.something under crossover office (a windows emulator for linux). Searching the crossover archives turned up the following link:

http://crossover.codeweavers.com/pipermail/discuss/2007-January/010409.html

which basically says that the crossover team believe that Apple now prevents the older versions (older than 7.0 that is, I presume) of iTunes from accessing the iTunes store.

I would guess this is to force users to upgrade, so they don't have to support too many versions.Too bad the error message isn't more informative (as in: this version is too old to access the store).

Cheers,

Losher

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online