1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes 9.1 syncing iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by xxorianna, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xxorianna

xxorianna Thread Starter

I just updated my iTunes (I think it's 9.1), and now everytime I plug in my iPod, an error message comes up saying: "iTunes cannot sync information with this iPod because syncing has been disabled on this computer. Do you want to enable syncing? If you do not enable syncing, iTunes will not be able to sync contacts, calenders, bookmarks or mail accounts to your iPod" with a yes and a no option.
    If I click yes, another error message comes up saying "iTunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later" with an OK option. When I click that, it still syncs my music and all that, but it is very annoying going through that every time I connect my iPod. What do I do?
    By the way, I'm using Windows XP, if that helps.

2. xxorianna

xxorianna Thread Starter

And now all of my songs and videos have been deleted off my iPod! I'm trying to restore it, see if that helps at all. Hopefully it does!

3. xxorianna

xxorianna Thread Starter

When I restored it, my music and stuff was put back on my iPod, but the error message still pops up.

4. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

What type of iPod do you have?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    In iTunes: Edit - Preferences... - Devices tab - is "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from synching automatically" checked? If it is, uncheck it.

6. xxorianna

xxorianna Thread Starter

It's an iPod Touch 2G

This did not work.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    iHate iTunes! Plugged in my iPod Touch for the first time since the last iTunes update (on Windows 7) and got the similar message in the attachment.

Then it told me the computer wasn't authorized and I had to login to Apple's crap and authorize. Then it unnecessarily copied all music from computer to iPod. Now each time I connect the iPod I get the same message, click OK, it does the normal backup and sync, says sync is finished, and gives me the error message again. Nuts!

I'm not going to mess around with it anymore tonight. When I do maybe I'll have more ideas for your similar problem.

Attached Files:

8. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Hmmm......we haven't updated iTunes yet, still at 9.0.3.

Kinda afraid to update it now. :D

Actually, I do suggest calling the iTunes customer service. We had a problem with our iPod, it completely got messed up and we called the customer service. They were very nice, called us back when they said they would (you leave a message to have tech support call you) and resolved the problem and were very pleased with the support.

http://www.apple.com/support/expert/

Worth a try. :)

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Isn't there a cost associated with Apple support?

I've updated iTunes, and I didn't have a problem. Updates cause problems for some people and not for others. That's just the way computers work. No two systems are identical.

10. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Don't know......they didn't charge us.

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

How long did you have your iPod before you called for support?

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    My problem seems to be fixed now. I did the first set of steps in iPhone OS 3.0: Error 13019 during sync. After hitting Apply it proceeded to "sync" by deleting all music from the iPod. Then I selected "all music" again, hit apply, all music copied back, and now I no longer get the annoying error messages.

xxorianna, I haven't forgotten about you, or that this is your thread. I haven't found anything simple and obvious to fix your issue. I think none of the following duplicate your iPod and OS and iTunes versions exactly, but one of the fixes may work.

ITunes unable to load provider data from Sync Services

Unable to load provider data from Sync Services

ITunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services.?

By the way, I didn't worry about trying things with mine because I know I have a recent backup of my entire iTunes folder. I suggest that you make sure you have a copy of yours, even if it is on the same hard drive.

Good luck. :)

13. xxorianna

xxorianna Thread Starter

Thank you! The second link helped me very much! If anyone else is having the same problem, go to the 29th page in that link, and follow the instructions from the person by the username "rouse_house"

14. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    29th page! :eek: Oh my, you certainly had an unfortunate ordeal!

You're welcome. :) Glad you got it going. My iTunes just updated the other day. I'm not real eager to connect the iPod and try a sync. :D

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice