1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Itunes C++ runtime error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gritle, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gritle

gritle Thread Starter

I just ran into this problem this evening. I'm wondering if anybody can help. I've found some old threads about but they aren't helping? My problem:

Microsoft visual C++ runtime library
    runtime error

C:\program files\itunes\itunes.exe

What can I do? Should I simply reinstall? If so how do I reinstall itunes I've had little luck with this lately.

I did the reinstall/repair option but it continues

yes it pulls itunes up and then I get the message then itunes closes? I ran adaware but can't do anything unless I register which I can't do right now. I ran spybot which cleaned a couple of things. I am about to run AVG which is the third time I've done that in about four days.

I'm very close to doing a system restore. I also believe I have too many processes running also but i don't know which to stop/close. Probably too much information.

likned some of this from a different message borard. with little help

2. gritle

gritle Thread Starter

bump help please?

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Any chance you can let us know what version of Windows you are running and the exact version of iTunes? Some versions of iTunes have big problems with Windows Vista.

EDIT: Is this a new installation of iTunes or some kind of update installation?

4. gritle

gritle Thread Starter

I'm running XP. I've had itune on my CPU for sometime. I updated to 7.02 or whatever it is about a month ago.

5. cwwozniak

Since you say the problem started today, have you recently installed any kind of software that may be in any way related to playing any kind media files or burning discs? Any Windows updates?

Always the possibility that updating to the latest and greatest version (7.1.1) may correct the problem ...

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes711forwindows.html

6. gritle

gritle Thread Starter

is that a better plan than a system restore? I did go to control panel>add/remove programs>repair itunes and the same thing happened. I also just ran AVG anti-spyware and removed 274 traces.

7. gritle

gritle Thread Starter

I got new version problem solved thank you

8. cwwozniak

You are welcome.

I was going to earlier suggest "Go ahead and try the new version; what have you got to loose?" and then thought, "oh maybe a few hundred $$ of iTunes store purchases!" :eek: :eek:

Glad to here that the new version solved the problem. (y)

9. gritle

gritle Thread Starter

majority of my music is on an ex-HD

10. fernandonj

fernandonj

For everybody who has the problem just run the apple software update, and that will fix the problem. Thanks:)

11. gritle

gritle Thread Starter

so I have had success with reinstalling itunes in the past and have run into some error again. Now when I reinstall it informs me that ipod service failed to start and I must be sure that I have sufficient privileges. as a result I am not able to finish the installation nor am i able to run itunes.

12. fernandonj

fernandonj

you have to update itunes , and you have to make sure that you are the "administrator" of windows so you are able to get to install itunes correctly.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555508