1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Itunes Does Not Recognize Folder Location for Files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by relax1, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. relax1

relax1 Thread Starter

I'm using Windows 7 and Itunes 10.

My downloaded moves etc. were overloading my C: drive so I followed the procedures to move the files onto my external drive. Everything went well and I've been accessing everything just fine.

I wanted to clean up my C: drive as the original files were still there. Before deleting the itunes media folder I decided to simply change the name to be sure Itunes wasn't still trying to access it for who knows what.

The next time I started Itunes it showed NONE of the music, moves, TV shows, etc. that were on my external drive. Itunes had created a NEW Itunes Media folder on my C: drive, which had nothing in it.

I changed the files location in Advanced Preferences (which had been reset to the C: drive address) to point to the external drive but, although it shows the correct file address, it still doesn't show any of the files from that address.

I renamed the original Itunes folder (on the C: drive) and in doing so merged the old Itunes files with the new files that Itunes had created.

I then deleted the Itunes folder completly off my C: drive. When I started up Itunes it created a new set of folders and was pointing to them again!

How can I convince Itunes to access the files that are on my external drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice