1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Itunes eats up PC's virtual memory

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sazais, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sazais

sazais Thread Starter

I don't understand why i keep on hitting 'low memory' when I convert my itunes videos to ipod. I've tried to keep everything to the minimum, removed and reinstalled itunes, removed itunes folders as suggested by others a couple of times but it keeps on coming back. I've print screen my pc's data and attached it here. I've googled quite a bit but still can't figure out what to do with this problem. Am thinking to increase my pc's RAM from 512K to 2G but I don't understand why initially, when I first downloaded itunes, I've managed to convert quite a number of videos using the same pc and RAM but now I can't even convert 2 videos without that 'low memory' message and based on my pc's virtual memory screen, Itunes eats up quite a large virtual memory when i only have 2 files in it. Appreciate your help soonest. thanks

2. parasolution

parasolution

If you're using any of the newer versions of iTunes, they are memory hogs. Add the fact you are working with video, 512MB is not a lot. Best to upgrade your memory.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

don't see your attachment, but can you clarify converting video> as in DVD to iPod, MPG to iPod, syncing video to iPod, etc.

4. sup2a

sup2a

Yea, with newer programs 512 is not much, I use 1gig on both of my low level desktops, I cant cope too much longer before i upgrade and get 2 gigs or a new computer

5. sazais

sazais Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I'll upgrade my pc's memory to 2gig.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738586