1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

itunes itl.files corruption

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by arcticphoenix, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arcticphoenix

arcticphoenix Thread Starter

hi i was wonderin if anyone can shed light on my itunes crisis, the ituneslibrary itl.files arent able to be found or created, this happned after sp3 was auto installed on this machine, wasnt paying attention to updates implemented on dl, and i wasted over 120mbs of bandwidth tryin to reinstall it etc,(ive only 2 gigs of monthly throughput-bandwidth- and its 1cent a megabyte after 2gigabytes after that,)

im runnin windoes xp media center ver. 2002/w sp3 hope this isnt goin to be put off list of threads or a bother to any you moderators/big cheeses up in the tg foodchain :confused:;):p

2. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Try reinstalling iTunes.

3. arcticphoenix

i did like 4 times...still same thing, ituneslibrary itl.files cant be found or created, with 2 different setup downloads

4. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

OK, then this should work: search your computer and find out if there any .itl files on your computer and, if there are, make a note where they're located. If you haven't changed iTunes default settings, you should find one at C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes .Then connect iTunes to that file by using the Choose Library option that is described in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589 in the Apple Knowledge Base.

Let me know if that helped you.

5. arcticphoenix

haha :D im stupid.....its workin now...xD thanks for the help :D:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice