Itunes latest version

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Terminus

I have just downloaded the latest version of itunes 6.0.1.3 and I keep getting this message:

An error occurred while updating the default player for audio file types. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.

I accept and the program runs as normal apart from video replay (podcasts) keep freezing my computer.

I tried previously played podcasts and they froze it too. I have done numerous searches but nothing has come up yet. People keep going off subject. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me.

I have full admin rights on XP pro and nothing else has changed from this version of itunes and the previous itunes 5.0

Thank you for your help

Stuart

buf

I haven't any way of knowing what I am about to offer will help either of you or not but my wife accepted the updates to iTunes to version 6 ( I think) and thereafter she could not play or access any of her 800+ songs saved to her hard drive. I used the Control Panel applet and removed iTunes and QuickTime and then used her original CD and installed her old version and she has not had any trouble since.
I do not use that Apple thing, don't want to, do not know anything about it and don't wanna know. Doing what I did fixed her problem.
Hopefully she has learned the old adage: "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Good luck to you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online