1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

itunes library deleted by mistake...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hogan475, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogan475

hogan475 Thread Starter

Running on my PC, i clicked on "organize all tracks in itunes media folder"and it caused exclamation points to come up next to majority of tracks in itunes. So unfortunately I deleted the Itunes library right there. upon reinstalling it, I lost countless tracks in my external hard drive music folder.
    I ran a system restore and the folders have returned to my external hard drive, but they are empty. They all seem to be cd's that I burned on this PC using Itunes. Random files are missing. I've tried using the itunes media folder files, dont understand how certain files I saved on to my computer can be erased. please help I have hundreds of tracks missing

2. hogan475

hogan475 Thread Starter

the album folder is there with band name and title, but the actual mp3 tracks are missing. Cd's that I burned after these are on my computer. I use an external hard drive, where mt itunes folder is, but there is also an itunes folder in My Music folder in My Documents. Why do I have two? and how do I organize this? please help, ant response would be much appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice