1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

itunes movie stops at each chapter

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Bill1945, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill1945

Bill1945 Thread Starter

After downloading itunes rental movie onto my HP laptop dm4, windows 7, when I play the movie it stops at each chapter. This just started in Nov 2011. Before then we could play movies uninterupted. itunes refunds my money, but we want to watch without it stopping during movie. Help!

2. Jamkas

Jamkas

Have you tried reinstalling iTunes?

What version of iTunes do you have?

Are these purchased or rented movies?

3. Bill1945

Bill1945 Thread Starter

Jamkas - Thank you for asking. No, I have not tried to reinstall itunes, but will give that a try after Christmas in couple of days. That computer is itunes 10.2? Maybe 10.3. These are rented movies.
    Radio Shack tech did not know problem, but suggested I download VLC and make that my default. I am not familar with VLC and am concerned of its safety. Also someone who did not know how to solve, suggested I right click, open with windows multimedia or something other than Quick Time. Have not tried that yet. I will uninstall itunes and re install first. Will let you know what happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice