1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

itunes--> MP3 player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by aprilp, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aprilp

aprilp Thread Starter

Hi
    How can I download music on itunes and then put the songs on my Dell jukebox MP3 player? When I try it, the MP3 says that the file is non-music.
    Thanks
    aprilp

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Welcome to the world of DRM. Those songs are protected. It's against the forum rules here to help in breaking copy protection, so we can't help with this effort.

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

John, I'm not sure what he is looking for is illegal. Just because a song was downloaded from the iTunes music store doesn't mean that he can't play it on the media player of his choice. However iTunes uses the MP4 protected file format and to my knowledge no MP3 players support it other than Apple's iPods.

A good reason to stay away from iTunes (n)

iTunes FAQ

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Correct, the only way to use those protected MP4 files is to break the copy protection, which is illegal under the DMCA, and also on this board. That's my point...

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    There is a legal, but pain in the A**, way to get those m4p (not MP4) songs onto an MP3 player. I believe that iTunes still lets you burn an audio CD of the DRM songs. You can then rip the audio CDs to mp3.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice