1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes not working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tiger_hall, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiger_hall

tiger_hall Thread Starter

Apr 5, 2006
    I get the error code 0xc0000005. This comes up when I attempt to open iTunes but it says that iTunes has encountered a problem. I have Windows XP Professional x64. The problem started when I uninstalled Quicktime as it was not working properly. This made iTunes not work so I uninstalled iTunes then downloaded iTunes and Quicktime package to find out that it will no longer work. Considering that I have an iPod then I need to get this to work.
    Screenshot of error report below..

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Nov 28, 2005
    It seems that the problem may be that the iTunes installer does not properly install Quicktime. You may need to un-install all traces of Quicktime and then install the stand alone version of Quicktime Player. If that does not do it you may need to uninstall and remove all traces of iTunes and Quicktime and then do a clean install of the iTunes package with any antivirus apps disabled. This information was found at:

You can download the stand alone Quicktime Player installer at:

FYI, you do not need to use iTunes to manage your iPod unless you are buying songs from the iTunes store and putting them on the iPod. There is other free and commercial software that will manage non DRM protected content on an iPod. Our daughter has a video iPod that she only uses for music. She uses Winamp to rip CDs to MP3 or AAC formats and put them on the iPod.

FYI#2: Your
    http://fapomatic.com/show.php?loc=25&f=techguy.jpg link got me a graphic with green text on a black background about how I was not being nice leeching pictures from the site.

Jun 22, 2006
    Apparently You Need To Reinstall That You Uninsalled
  4. detersti

Jan 8, 2007
    I've tried following the steps here, but I can't seem to uninstall my version of Quicktime. I have a quicktime folder in my program files, but it doesn't appear in my "add/delete programs" screen accessed through the control panel. I also can't simply delete the entire quicktime file as one of the files gives me the "access denied" error and won't let me delete it.

So how do I get rid of this Quicktime program so I can try reinstalling itunes?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/477406