1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes Problem... Could be vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Blu35tee1, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blu35tee1

Blu35tee1 Thread Starter

Well, ive browsed this forum for some time, and i just joined!

well this is my problem.

my processor is an Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz.
    i'm currently runnin at 4GB of ram and has a NVidia Geforce s250 videocard.
    windows vista @ 32bit. running 1920x1080 resolution.

when im running itunes, it takes less than 50,000kb to run it (if you go to your task manager and click process, you'll see how much memory it takes to run).

and most of the time, it will pause randomly into its 3rd song in after rebooting. I'm just wondering why its doing this. i recently reformated my pc because this was pissing me right off, so my harddrive is empty, except for my itunes music in its folder and all that, and when it pauses, the memory is still at 50,000k. it doesnt raise to like 400,000 like it use to (no idea)

ive read a forum about 6 minutes ago saying i should set the affinity on the prgrams.. so... (since i have 4 cpus) i set safari's affinity on cpu 1 and 2 and itunes' on 3 and 4.

SO FAR since im typing this, it hasnt skipped. but just checking if theres anything else that i should do.

thanks guys! i hope to be apart of this more becuase its good to help people with their problems with their PCs!

Devin (bluesteel)

2. Blu35tee1

Blu35tee1 Thread Starter

yeah that didn't help, it still lags. ive tried re installing it and it STILL does it! WTF IS WRONG HERE haha...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice