1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

itunes problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chubbly, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubbly

Chubbly Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    I have been using iTunes for many years and get on with it reasonably well. However I have just experience a problem that is baffling me. For no apparent reason I got this message pop up recently when I loaded iTunes:

THE REGISTRY SETTINGS USED BY ITUNES DRIVERS FOR IMPORTING AND BURNING CD'S AND DVD'S ARE MISSING. THIS CAN HAPPEN AS A RESULT OF INSTALLING OTHER CD BURNING SOFTWARE. PLEASE REINSTALL ITUNES.

I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled, but still get the same message. I tried repairing but still get the same message.

Cliking on OK loads up iTunes (albeit slowly) and it seems to work as it should. Importing seems to work ok but burning doesn't work at all and when I try I get another message:

NO DISC RECORDING SOFTWARE FOUND.

I have not installed any new software, and I have also discovered that the MP3 encoder options in Windows Media Player have vanished.

Help !!!! Has anyone got any solution to this problem. Has something serious happend to my registry.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice