1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes protected MPEG-4 audio files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Neltron, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neltron

Neltron Thread Starter

Okay, well, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything from various searches, so I figured I'd start a new topic. Hope nobody minds. I'm sure I'm not the only one annoyed with this stupid file format. I have found only one way of converting these files into media that can be used outside of iTunes & iPod, and that's burning them onto a disc and then ripping them back onto my computer using a program other than iTunes. There used to be nice easy software to convert the old iTunes files but I haven't been able to find anything since they switched. Here's my question: is there any other faster way of doing this, or is the burning method pretty much the only hope? Thanks in advance.

2. stantley

stantley

There are programs that convert one audio format to another, but they don't work on copy protected files, so burning and ripping is the only thing that works.

If you don't want you keep the discs you can use a CD-RW, erase it and keep re-using it.

3. Neltron

Neltron Thread Starter

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I pretty much figured you'd say that, but I was hoping some wonderful person had found a way to do it more quickly. Oh well, thanks anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/559723