1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes Question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Zb2k, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zb2k

Zb2k Thread Starter

Is there a way to make iTunes automatically detect and add a new song to your library once it is downloaded, I hate having to add the same folder to my library because I downloaded one new song.

2. i hate ram

i hate ram

downloading from itunes, right?

make sure itunes is monitoring your my music folder, or whatever folder you download your music to. if it isnt, then point it there. that should do it

3. Zb2k

Zb2k Thread Starter

How do I make iTunes monitor a folder, and no I am not using iTunes to download music.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    as far as i'm aware you can't unless it's purchased music from iTunes. You will have to manually do it.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    iTunes does have the Let iTunes organize your music. Basically what you should do is move your downloaded song into the iTunes 'organizing' folder and double click it to launch it in iTunes. Then when it's in iTunes, if you change any info of the song, it will move it to that appropiate folder. I have mine set for Artist > Album.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/376554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice