Itunes Really Annoying St-st-stutter!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beeringo

ARRGH! Help!
I've been using itunes for years with no problems whatsoever, it's so easy and nice to look at, and having an ipod aswell i guess i need it! The problem is recently i had a problem booting up to windows (Blue screen of death) so had to reinstall windows and install all my programs etc. back to how things were, but now itunes has picked up an annoying stutter!

It happens randomly when playing music from my library, 0-5 times in a minute, lasting around half a second, but its really annoying. I dont even have to be doing anything, and itunes can be maximised or minimised, makes no difference.

I have Win. xp pro - all updates
Onboard ac97 sound
iTunes 6
1.3Gb Ram
AMD Athlon xp 2400+

I was wondering - if anyone has the program 'SpeedFan', under the S.M.A.R.T. section for hard drives, my main hard drives "raw read error rate" has a warning sign next to it, all my other drives have a big green ok next to it.

Please someone help!
Leon

P.s. i am also getting a lot of IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screens popping up randomly - are they linked???????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online