1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes + Steam

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Ribosome, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ribosome

Ribosome Thread Starter

The other morning before all my classes, I was able to play songs on my iTunes and play Counter-Strike.

However, when I went to play CS later that night, it would not open up the game. Instead, I would get a "This program has stopped responding" error. And the only choice is to close program. The CS screen does not even show up at all. There doesn't seem to be any other visible errors in regards to Steam itself, it's just that CS will not load up. I do not have any other games on Steam that I could try and run. Could this be a video card issue? And if it was then why didn't I get an error elsewhere, surely CS is not the only thing that uses graphics?

I have already uninstalled CS, and reinstalled it with the error still occurring. Should I reinstall steam altogether?

Also, my iTunes has stopped playing music. When I double click a song in a playlist, or just press the play button, it just stays at 0:00. I can start and pause it, but there is nothing to stop/pause since nothing plays anyway. The songs are from the itunes store, cd's, etc... I have reinstalled iTunes and the same thing is happening. Also, I winamp and Windows Media Player have the same error yet the sounds for everything else (firefox, for example) work fine.

I am open to pretty much all ideas and suggestions. I can reformat if need be, but I'd rather not considering the computer is only a few months old.

It's an Asus laptop that has had relatively low usage since I've gotten it. I rarely do much more than play CS for a few hours a week and write papers.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I posted this on another forum and was referred to this one.

Thanks

James

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Yeah you should try uninstall both of them and reinstall it back.

3. line.ex

line.ex

bumb, i tried solving it but couldn't. Very odd problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice