1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes stole my movingphotos 3D after update for Sierra

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by verbalista, Aug 8, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

I was crazy in love with that screensaver, the most fabulous one imaginable, formed endless shapes using images from a folder I selected, a folder enriched with art over years. So, I (foolishly) accepted an update to Sierra, and my images were replaced with images from iTunes. I tried everything to get rid of the iTunes images, including deleting the iTunes art folder, uninstalling and reinstalling movingphotos 3d (which is in the app store, but, not compatible, apparently, with the new upgrade of Sierra).

I'm heartbroken. Does anyone know of a truly spectacular, joyful, creative screensaver for mac, one that isn't based on pop stars or anything similar?

Thanks, all you creatives who have Macs, because you are not PC people!!!

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Try the following link for MAC screensaver:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/29/google-photos-mac-screensaver/

3. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

Okay, thanks, brooklynboy...going to the link right now! Oh, that screensaver has lovely landscapes, but, my other screensaver was a miracle, took years of artworks I had collected and showed them in spirals, swirls, blocks, balls, every kind of permutation and this one just isn't as thrilling, I'm spoiled!! But, I super appreciate your help in finding me a very lovely screensaver that does work for Mac.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  4. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

If you have a backup, you should still have the program and images. You might try email the screensaver company and see if they have updated their drivers for Sierra.

If not, you still have the images. Try looking for a graphics program which will handle animation. I'm not sure GIMP will do that but perhaps other members of this forum will know of one. You can make your animations and still use them as screensavers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194387