1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

itunes wont work

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by tchase1, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tchase1

tchase1 Thread Starter

Hello All,

I just received my 30gb ipod today and have installed itunes, several times, lo and behold when I try to open it I get the itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close... I've been working on it for 6 hours now and am ready to chuck the $250.00 toy out the window. Can someone please help me to get this to run???

Thanks

Tony

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what system are you on ?? XP

you may want to do a restore to before you started

leave the ipod off the system completely

download the itunes application and try installing again - maybe in safemode

3. tchase1

tchase1 Thread Starter

I am on XP. I will get rid of the current and d/l in safe. Will let you know if it doesn't work.

Thanks

4. tchase1

tchase1 Thread Starter

I tried and still get the error report, I'm just about ready to get a refund for them, I am so frustrated, it's just not worth the 12 hours I've put in in the last 2 days. HELP

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  6. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

A lot of the time peoples problems with iTunes are really problems with Quicktime. Sometimes uninstalling iTunes, uninstalling Quicktime then installing the most recent version of Quicktime (standalone as opposed to what comes bundled with iTunes) and lastly installing iTunes.

heres a link that will give instructions on how to completely get rid of and re install iTunes and Quicktime

installing iTunes or QuickTime

also a link showing how to address a failure to launch iTunes

iTunes 7 for Windows: iTunes fails to launch with an unknown error

7. tchase1

tchase1 Thread Starter

I called them and they said that they cannot help me, that really pissed me off.

8. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

The link etaf gave to iLounge is a great place to search out problems and fixes for iPod and iTune related problems. Its gotten me out of the few fixes I've been in. The site and its forums are definitely worth searching through.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice