1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iTunes?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by i hate ram, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. i hate ram

i hate ram Thread Starter

hey all, i use iTunes on a regular basis (ive whipped through tons of players and this one works the best for me) but it seems to be eating up my resources. programs run especially slow when iTunes is running. i have 384 MB's DDR RAM, and i usually have my 3 IM clients (AIM, MSN, YIM) running along with AVG antivirus and zonealarm. i also am using a program called Y'z dock, but that takes up almost no space. thats pretty much it for the applications in my taskbar... is there any way to speed up my computer so that my computer's performance will not be affected by iTunes, or is there a way to get ram for reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaallly cheap? :rolleyes:

2. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

well i suggest maybe try using another player and if you want you could use Trillian. Its an all in 1 instant messenger. It has AIM,MSN,Yahoo,Icq,IRC all in one. It cuts down on the amount of resources you use too. Because it manages them all with one window. But i think its iTunes thats really eating up your resources. I suggest using another player. I use winamp but i guess that uses quite a bit too. But it has a nice amount of file supports.

3. i hate ram

ive tried trillian, and for some reason, it doesnt work....

4. azncompman

azncompman

but if you bought music off of itunes, you have to use itunes to play those songs. (winamp can't play the m4p files)

5. i hate ram

actually, you can use real player to play them, cause realplayer can now play aac files, in fact, ive been using realplayer since i started having this problem... i still like iTunes better tho.... can anyone help with my trillian problem?

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

RealPlayer is a bloated piece of crap, even moreso than iTunes.
    I use Gaim instead of Trillian. IMO its much nicer and it supports ICQ, MSN, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, AIM, Yahoo, IRC, and Zephyr.

7. lastone

lastone

Real Player is a resource hog. How about Music Match? (if it happens to play that file type)
    Post a separate question for the Trillion prob, it'll get buried here.

I posted a Q on iTunes, no replies.
    I dl'd the itune player, haven't bought anything yet.
    so....tell me...can these (MP4???) be converted to wav?
    How can you burn these to CD? (same as MP3?)
    Can CD be played on any player?

8. azncompman

azncompman

real player can play the itunes format? really... Oh well, real player is a piece of crap.

9. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Read the license agreement for the songs you buy. There was a tool to crack the FairPlay DRM thats on the m4p files, but it is illegal, and the first two sites trying to host it have been shut down.

10. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

thats why their Mp4 format they are designed so they cant be burned. And only I-pods can play them or iTune player. Which is why eventually mp4's will come out and burning programs that burn mp4 files. But it mite not happen. Its like warez diminishing.

11. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

FYI the MP4 format is not Apple's. Its just AAC with DRM licensed from another company. It already has been cracked though.

12. i hate ram

so is winamp light on the resources?

13. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Newer versions take quite a bit of resources. The older versions are better about that, but WinAmp won't play files bought from iTunes.

14. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice