1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I've been hacked !!!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by matt_thom, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt_thom

matt_thom Thread Starter

Hi,

So last night while on the net notepad opens and someone starts typing in it. Apparently they could see me through my web cam. He had been leeching off my IP and while I was out for the evening had installed i-tunes and was downloading tracks. He also thought he was hilarious by opening MSN and messaging my contacts and friends with insulting messages.

So not being that proficient with networking and the internet I though maybe if I searched google for some software that maybe would show up his IP or try to detect him in some way. When I typed IP scanner software in google he opened notepad again and typed that it wouldn't help me. Then he opened about 50 internet pages and froze my PC.

My set up is that I have one desktop downstairs and 2 wireless laptops that feed from a router. My uncle set all this up and normally I go to him for help but he is away for a while on business so I'm kind of stauck and concerned that someone can move so freely about my PC.

Can anyone help? Also if you need more information from me regarding the set up can you be as specific as possible and tell me how to get this info as like I said before, I don't know much at all about internet set up or LAN networking.

Thanks in advance,

matt

2. khazars

khazars

hi, welcome to TSG.

Download hijack this from the link below.Please do this. Click here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

to download HijackThis. Click scan and save a logfile, then post it here so
    we can take a look at it for you. Don't click fix on anything in hijack this
    as most of the files are legitimate.

3. matt_thom

matt_thom Thread Starter

Hi Khazars,

Thanks for the reply. I'll download HijackThis when I get back from work tonight and post. I had a dig around and called up some friends from work and discovered that there is a Trojan on the desktop PC in C:/volume that allows the hacker to by pass the firewall. I had a look at the hardware (My Compunter-properties etc etc..) and under Network adapters were the ethernet card plus a new entry called 'loopback feed' or 'feedback loop'. Sorry I can't remember it's exact name. So as soon as I uninstalled this I could find the wireless network on the tablets.
    So next step is to take a look at the desktop with a friends help and find this trojan and get rid.

I appreciate your help and if you don't mind having a quick look at the log I post then thanks.

Matt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice