I've got a .Net problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sambojambo

I am trying to run .NET on my machine (XP Pro - SP2 with IIS) and I dont have any problems installing it but when I run it and try and create a new project it spits out the following error (after a lengthy time)
"
The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL : http://localhost/test. ‘The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response’.
"
Where "test" is my newly created ASP.NET project. I have tried uninstalling .NET and IIS then reinstalling in every possible order but to no avail. Any body have any ideas?

Much appreciate any ideas on how to resolve this.

Cheers

What happens when you open the test site using an open URL? and do you have port open on your router?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online