1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I've got a virus on my computer and need serious help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by badpig1068, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badpig1068

badpig1068 Thread Starter

I have webroot on my computer and did a sweep today. It found the mal/tdssrt-a virus on my computer. I deleted it and ran the sweep again. Again mal/tdssrt-a popped up. I deleted again and ran the ESET online scan. My computer came up clean on the ESET scan. I ran combofix as well and it came up clean. I went ahead and ran the malware scan as well and right in the middle of the scan windows shut down. I had to restart the computer and when i did my internet access has been blocked. Only the programs that open up at start up can open. I can't even open my task manager. When I do attempt to open up a progam, malware for example, the computer just runs for a minute and nothing opens up.

I started the computer in safe mode. I still had no internet access but i was able to open up all my programs. I have run all of my virus sweeps (webroot, malware, combofix, and super anit-spyware) all of them say that my computer is clean. I also attempted to do system restore, but what ever infected my computer also wiped out my restore points. Also when i roll over my interne connectivity icon it says "The dependency service or group failed to start. So i am pretty much stumped as to what to do. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice