1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ive shut down all processes/services via task manager. how do i get them back running

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cluelesskate, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cluelesskate

cluelesskate Thread Starter

My laptop was running slow so i thought id be clever and shut down/stop all processes/services via task manager thinking ive got too much running. When i click on services the status says they've all stopped. Obviously nothings working. How do i fix this? I only want services running that need to run. The first one for example is samss. When i right click it, it gives me the ption to start service but it says the operation could not be completed. Access denied. Im not sure if it would be easier to restore my laptop to factory settings Help!! Edited. . When i try to go on the internet it says. Windows network diagnostics. Start windows wireless, plug a cable into the network adapter. . Or restart the DHCP client service. Like i said i stopped everything! Fool!! Thanks in advance

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you didn't change the Startup type then just try a system Restart.

3. cluelesskate

Ok thanks. Will try it. Got a feeling its not gona work tho. X

4. cluelesskate

Nope not worked. Ive just gone into a pc shop who said that the process's need to be restarted in a particular order. Do you know the names and order?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You must have done more than simply stop services?

This site may have the information for reverting to the default service settings. I don't mess with Services except for infrequent specific problems.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!