1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ivesting in a SLi/Crossfire system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kungfuturtle, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kungfuturtle

kungfuturtle Thread Starter

Hi there I currently have a okish PC but would like to upgrade as I enjoy gaming quite a bit. I have never built a PC from scratch before but it doesn;t seem to hard. I have done a lot of research into the components I will buy and I know a lot about static electricity. However I have actually done stuff like change PSUs, Ram, Heat sinks etc just not CPUs. I have an Anti Static wrist wrap so i'll make sure I use it. Im not a hardcore gamer and have found that I could get a perfect Gaming PC for around £400. I just wanted to clear one question up: Quad core or dual core? Im stuck between an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16Ghz 6MB Cache or an Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 2.4Ghz 8MB Cache (The quad is only £5 more). I know Quad seems the way to go and seems much betetr but was just asking for your opinions. (also the 8400 has 45nm which is better than the 6600's 65nm right?) So here are specs, I've researched and will continue to im pretty sure everythings compatible but would the PSU need an upgrade? Thanks all for any help! :)

SPECS FOR SLI/CROSSFIRE SYSTEM:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16Ghz OR Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 2.4Ghz
    Asus P5E-V HDMI LGA775,VGA,SATA2,GBLan,ATX Motherboard
    320Gb Samsung Spinpoint T 7200rpm 16MB Cache SATA Hard Drive
    NEC AD-7191A-0B 20x +/-RW LightScribe IDE DVD Writer
    OCZ 2Gb (2x1Gb) DDR2 PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Dual Channel
    2 x Sapphire 512Mb Radeon HD 3850 PCI-Express 2 VGA Card(good?)
    RaidMAX Sagitta II Case with 500W PSU (Space for 3x 120mm case fans)

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

howdy

Do It Yourself Projects (26 Viewing)
    Got something around the house that needs fixing and is NOT a computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!