J2SE Runtime Environment

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WickedEyes

In software i can c that i have a lot of J2SE Runtime Environment updates, may i delete the previous and keep the last installed or do i have to keep them all?

WickedEyes

thanks for the fast reply, is this the same for all the hotfixes? or will that mess up my computer?

techkid

David
Since Java updates install full versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), you can safely uninstall previous versions (recommended to do before updating).

For other external programs such as Flash, Adobe Reader, QuickTime and the like, you can also take this approach safely, but they also work well with the update service.

Something like Windows or Office, the fixes are integrated to each other, so not only do they fix the bugs and flaws of the respective system, but they also fix the problems that arise from or are not covered by the other fixes. This is probably the only case where the answer to your question is no.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online