1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

jammed hp printer

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by marinabradaric, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marinabradaric

marinabradaric Thread Starter

I'm trying to print a school paper and when I hit Print, after a bunch of noises, first it said there was no paper, even though there was obviously a stack of it, and I re-tried printing after pushing the paper in more, leaving just a single paper in, etc.

Still nothing. But then a new message popped up like the fifth time I tried to print, saying the ink cartridges were stuck and can't move. So I look inside and I see the cartridges move back and forth a couple of times, like normal. I reach my hand in to touch some black piece on the left and for some reason, I pressed down to try to see what would happen, just ever so slightly, and a spring pops out!

I'm assuming that was the problem - faulty spring jamming in. But I can't figure out where to put it back in. It's about an inch high spring, maybe quarter of an inch wide. Sprang out of a small black piece part of the printer on the left side, from the inside (obviously).

My printer is an hp psc 1110 all-in-one.
    The paper's due tomorrow so I'd appreciate a hasty reply, if anyone can help me out.

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

Someone replied to your post on Yahoo Answers with a link to the manual, but what you really need is the service manual (what printer repair technicians would use). I'd suggest putting the paper on a disc and taking it to a print shop or friend's house to get it printed, I doubt you'll get it fixed in the next 24 hours even if you find a computer shop that can fix it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!