1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

java applet counter?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by charliekim, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliekim

charliekim Thread Starter

hi all, i've downloaded a java applet that is a counter. i've uploaded all the necessary class files to the webserver.
    it also uses a notepad hits.dat file to keep count of the counter. it is first initialized with 454X. how do i initialize it to start from 0 and count up?

the files that i have uploaded are

hitcounter class and java file
    hitserver class and java file
    myserverthread class and java file
    hits.dat

it works because everytime i open up the webpage it counts up to 454.

www.akyg.com/em

it's on the bottom. my question is i guess is how do i initialize the hits.dat file to start from the beginning. i've tried 0, 0X, X et cetera.

thanks...

ck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice