1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Java Applet Too Large - Can't Minimize

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by scollins2019, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scollins2019

scollins2019 Thread Starter

Thank you for the time. Even if it can't be solved, I still do appreciate the time and the effort regardless.

My IT people couldn't resolve this.

I use Oracle through my job here, and it launches an application in Java. Currently, when the applet launches it is huge, zoomed-in, and I cannot decrease the view on the screen. I have many lines I have to click through and open, and since it is zoomed in I have to keep scrolling up and down, left and right, in order to click to the next page. This isn't a problem on the actual url Oracle page, only when I launch the applet.

Prior, I didn't have this problem. The entire applet was zoomed-out on the screen, yet the applet box still covered the mass of the monitor, but its elements had fit within the monitor, but not anymore.

Would anyone know how I can decrease the size of the applet to where I can view the entire box within the scope of my monitor?

I am launching though IE 11, on Windows 10. The version of Java we use is 8.0.1210.13.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge or tech-speak, as I am new to all of this.

Thanks in advance. It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

What happens if you press [Ctrl]+[0]? (That's a zero, not an oh).

If that doesn't do it, what about when pressing [F11]. (Press it once again to toggle back to what is was).

3. scollins2019

scollins2019 Thread Starter

Hi, SpywareDr. Thank you very much for looking at this for me. This particular step doesn't work exactly for me, but I do appreciate your time and the effort. I found I will be able to launch this through Firefox successfully, with the java, and it is launching appropriately for my work needs. So I will close this thread now.

Thank you again!

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

(y) Good to hear you found a solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice