1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java Applets load slowly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bluemonkey519, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluemonkey519

bluemonkey519 Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I am having a problem with Java games taking forever to load (pogo games). The games on Club Pogo usually take 5-10 seconds to load and now are taking minutes to load.
    I have tried the usual stuff - Clearing java / browser cache, uninstall & reinstall java... Even have tried older versions and nothing seems to work. I know it's not a problem with Pogo because the games load perfectly on other computers. I have even used a virtual PC with Windows XP on it and the java games load instantly as they should.

I have made an observation though - If I open up the java console on any other computer (or the virtual one), the messages showing the games loading fly by and the game loads. On this slow one the console messages go much slower.

The computer is running Windows 7 64-bit. I use Firefox mostly, and yes the slowness of Java happens in all browsers.

Any ideas on fixing this would be great. It's probably something really stupid..

2. bluemonkey519

bluemonkey519 Thread Starter

UPDATE
    I tried booting into safe mode and doing a virus scan and defrag from there. Then I decided to try and load a java game there, and guess what - it loaded instantly! When I booted back into normal windows, the games take forever again. I've played around with disable antivirus (AVG), McAfee Site Advisor, Windows Firewall, etc etc but nothing yet. Any idea of what the problem is? It's like something is scanning all the files as they are downloaded, slowing the download time... but even disabling the services for AVG and such hasn't changed a thing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice