1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Java Environment cannot be loaded" pop-up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Yoshi123, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yoshi123

Yoshi123 Thread Starter

I have a problem :( My java seems to be broken or something. I have Java (TM) 6 Update 5 and nothing else.

Whenever I try to play a game on java; for example, Runescape, the following pop-up comes up (in attachment)

How do you fix this???

It works in firefox but not in IE7. I have a Windows XP home Edition Service pack 2

Attached Files:

2. RevisionZero

RevisionZero

I would simply in Internet Explorer 7, go to Tools ----> Reset Web Settings.

I did not look at the image you posted but it sounds like its just a permission problem.

Hope this helps.

3. Yoshi123

Yoshi123 Thread Starter

"Reset Web Settings" isn't in the tools menu...

4. RevisionZero

RevisionZero

I would download a fresh installer of the JRE. Then close your browsers and reinstall it, after that load IE 7 and go to internet options, and security or privacy and reset it to default.

If no luck I believe there is a option to choose the run time environment on the log on screen of runescape, that should fix it as well.

5. Yoshi123

Yoshi123 Thread Starter

Where could I get a fresh installer? I picked the option on the runescape log in screen to use SUN java but it still didn't work.

6. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

You can download the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 6 from here.

-- Tom

7. Yoshi123

Yoshi123 Thread Starter

That's exactly where I downladed it from. Do i need to uninstall and download it again?

And thanks to both of you for responding to my call of plea. (y)

8. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi Yoshi123,

Download and follow the Installation Instructions, ReadMe and ReleaseNotes which can be download at the same link in my previous message (to the left of the Download button).

-- Tom

9. Yoshi123

Yoshi123 Thread Starter

I just downloaded it. There was nothing wrong, no wierd pop-ups or anything, during the installation process. I checked Add and Remove Programs menu and it was there as "Java (TM) 6 Update 6."

I went onto Runescape and the pop-up still came up:(

10. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Since the message is telling you that the java runtime environment cannot be loaded, one thing you might do is to shutdown any extra applications you are running, and try running Runescape again. I am surmising that there may not be enough memory free to run Runescape from a resource point of view - which depends on having enough memory to load the java runtime environment.

-- Tom

11. Yoshi123

Yoshi123 Thread Starter

I closed all other applications (programs) and then tried. It didn't work.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice