1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java Game Lags

Discussion in 'Games' started by ecko69x, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

Ok, so after some time playing this MMORPG called Runescape, which runs on Java. It becomes slightly sluggish, then gets even more sluggish after time. I have to restart my computer for it to run smoothly. But after a while it just gets sluggish again. I tried it both on IE7 and Firefox.

2. GripS

GripS

System specs are helpful when trying to diagnose this type of issue. For example if you happen to be running a dual core amd setup then you may just need to install the dual core optimizer. This helped out with gaming issues when playing for extended periods of time?

3. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

I have a AMD X2 3800+
    2 GB of Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT
    Windows XP 2 SP
    250 GB of space

It's only a problem for Runescape. If I play Call of Duty 2 for a long time it doesn't lag, runs smoothly.

4. GripS

GripS

5. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

This program is completely safe to use?

6. GripS

GripS

It's from AMD man. It's not a third party app. I have it installed and have no issues. If your paranoid about it you can create a system restore point before installing it.

7. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

So I installed it. It does its job automatically?

8. GripS

GripS

yep.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice