java gone from control panel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sacramont

i am running windows vista.java is installed new version,java icon has disappeared fron control panel how to replace it?

Not exactly a game issue, so maybe we can get this moved.

Welcome to TSG! (y)

But, do you mean gone from windows control panel? The newest is Java 7 rev 11.
I have windows 7 on this computer and it shows in control panel.
Have you tried removing it from add/remove programs and re-downloading and installing the newest?

Seems to be an old bug that did the same, thought it would be fixed by now. http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6641731 Maybe they didn't bother since Vista is outdated.

Looks like it's a bug that shows up on some Vista systems. ...not seeing a fix just yet though. :D

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Yes, it's a bug. It has happened to me a couple of times on XP with the latest versions, especially after an update. Simply uninstall and reinstall Java and it should be fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online