1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java installation fails

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hornet123, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hornet123

hornet123 Thread Starter

Hi, I am having trouble to upgrade my Java software. :(

When I tried to upgrade my java software to version 7 update 15, I first received an error message "jre1.7.0_15java_sp.dll is corrupt". I then tried to uninstall the old version. This failed using the normal uninstall procedure (no error msg). Then I tried JavaRa, MS Fixit and Windows Installer Cleanup. None worked. Finally, I succeeded using IOBit Uninstaller v2.4 with the 'strong removal' option, thereby deleting all registry entries of JRE. This seems to work as I no longer see Java in my list of installed programs.
    I have downloaded the offline version of Java for Windows: jre-7u15-windows-i586.
    WHen running the installer, I get to the installation progress screen but the installation does not start and remains at status 'installing' indefinitely. I run the installer in administrator mode. I have already tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP and 7 without success. I have also disabled my virusscanner.
    Oh..and one more thing: I have also tried to perform a Windows system restore. However, this just remained in 'preparing for system restore' mode forever.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  3. hornet123

hornet123 Thread Starter

Thanks. I also tried this already. THe check results in "...unable to verify..". I am using Desktop mode in Win8. Next, I check the troubleshooting FAQ: 1. uninstall previous versions: did that, see above. 2. try offline installer package: did that. 3. temporarily turn off AV and FW: check.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice