1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java installer error...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by turbow5, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

Found out my moms laptop is a year behind on java. Though no problem just update it. Well..errors...

The error is "error-Java installer" - "downloadable file c:/users/???5(thats literally the name of the account)/appdata/locallow/sun/java/jre1.7.7.0_0/java.sp.dll is corrupt"

Well I went to that file location and there is no file location. Everything after locallow doesn't exist. So i thought Uninstalling it and reinstalling it would work. Well..no.Same error.

This has me stumped. Any ideas?

2. pip22

pip22

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Having a user account with special characters in the name is asking for problems. Some programs simply will not work. I can assure you that entire path does indeed exist. It's just hidden from you.

Change your account name to something with only letters.

Then download Java to a specific folder, do not choose the "Run" option. Then double-click on the downloaded executable.

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Create a folder on the desktop, then name it Downloads or My Downloads or whatever name you want.

When you select a file to download, direct it to be downloaded and saved inside that folder.

Once you do that, you won't have any trouble locating the files that you downloaded and saved so you can install them.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

@pip22, I uninstalled all of java and i can't reinstall it because of the error.

@doublehelix, That was my thought so I changed her name and when she logs on her names shows with no special characters but her folder under users still has them and I cant rename the folder. Also hidden files are suppose to be shown and there not there.

@flavalle, I cant even get that far. I downloaded the installer and checked "change destination folder" and clicked next and then the error comes up. I don't get a chance to change it.

So what am I suppose to do if I can't even change the destination folder?

6. golferbob

golferbob

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1071683