1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Java Plug In Folder" missing from Control Panel

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stbernardlov, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stbernardlov

stbernardlov Thread Starter

Help! I keep having problems with a little error at the bottom of the Windows Explorer Page that says "Loading Java Applet Failed". I found out how to change the settings which is listed below, problem is: There is no Java Plug In Folder in the Control Panel. Is this normal?
    Click the Start menu
    Select Settings
    Select Control Panel
    Double click the "Java Plug-in" icon
    Click the "Proxies" Tab

2. wacor

wacor Banned

Are you attempting to do anything which you have not had to do before?

I do not know if this would apply but I had to reformat my computer a couple weeks ago. It is a long story but Gateway computer was supposed to make restore discs and they did not work right so I had to manually add a lot of items

In the end I could not get a Website to open up fully and just today finally thru the help of others here figured out the I had no Java on my computer. Are you sure you had Java on yours.. Just Asking.

You might do a search for Java and see what shows up. I had a few remnants of files but not much so I ened up dowloading Java and all was back to normal.

3. Augie65

Augie65

When you open the Control Panel, on the left panel See Also, click on Other Control Panel Options. This should display the Java Icon.

4. wacor

wacor Banned

also change it to classic view.

5. stbernardlov

stbernardlov Thread Starter

Is it safe to download Java again? Where would I go about finding Java for Windows XP & is it even necessary? I am almost positive that it was on my comp prior to formatting but if it is not necessary then I won't bother with it. I am not sure of what purpose Java has. If you have time to answer, GREAT! If not, it's okay, not life threatning.
    P.S I will be making a donation on the 10th (payday) You guys have been so wonderful!!! Thank everyone so, so much! Holly ;)

6. wacor

wacor Banned

i will try to search for how i installed java. its here somewhere, just have to find it.

There are certain things that require Java. I can't explain when or where but i think you will want it.

7. wacor

wacor Banned

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/439027