1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(java) popup-windows disappeare behind Browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wannabe1234, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wannabe1234

wannabe1234 Thread Starter

dear people!

on my computer, i have a java-app that is used for time-management, a workig-time journal so to say.

the page opens normally, I click on my button and then i am enabled to file my hours according to the projects I have been working on.

That`s were the trouble starts...!!:(

1. after some clicks and inputs, the current window disappeares ("jumps") to the background, not to be seen anymore.
    2. if I klick into the space where it SHOULD BE, it shortly flashes into visibility, just to jump back on the release of the left mouse-button.
    3. after some moments it eventually appears again- but only occasionally. in general it stays "away".
    4. if i hit some menu-buttons like "file, view, extra" it comes back to stay permanently AS IT SHOULD BY ITSELF!
    5. this hapens since I switched from XP to Win7 and from SBS2003 to SBS2011
    6. it happens with all browsers: IE, Mozilla, Chrome,...u name it!
    7. I am the bloody sys-admin of this little office and even in forums noone sems to know nothing about it...i start to feel really stupid!
    8. data-input/analysis works but VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!!
    a screenshot of the app with the 2 layer (of which BOTH sometimes disappear!)
    DID NOT WORK WHEN I POSTED IT but i can send it via mail or whatever...anyway i can just show u the popups that SHOULD be there, but wouldn`t be ;)
    it should be attached now...

what I tried:
    • update java+ browsers to the latest issue
    • try all browsers
    • delete/disable java-cache/ temp-files
    • restart
    • use different computers
    • talk to the guy who programmed it
    • disable/enable all kinds of silly mouse-options
    • get mad + stall
    please help!
    thank u a lot!(y):)(y):)

don`t hesitate if u need anything, like logfiles, etc...!

J

Attached Files:

2. wannabe1234

ok...to be more precise: It is a Java Applet!

seemingly ther is a conflict concerning the priority of the open windows/Layers.
    it is a rather old app, so maybe the "requests" it makes (i was told it would do such a thing!?) are not understood by the browsers?

anybody out there?
    thx

3. sepala

sepala

Seems like a programming issue, nothing you can do. Ask the developer for updates.

Anyway, what is happening when you resize the browser window?

4. wannabe1234

when i resize the browser window, one can see the "missing windows" behind the smaller Main Window.

I can`t get an update from the developer, because the old java-script libraries are not longer available under which it was programed. at least that was what I understood when asking about another issue.

but this didn`t occure under XP or the browsers I used there?

it seems to be a priority-issue, which window to keep in the front, isn`t it?

please be creative... !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!