1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java problems with pogo

Discussion in 'Games' started by brkenwing, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brkenwing

brkenwing Thread Starter

I recently have been having an issue with pogo that I can't seem to fix. Every time I try to go into a game a screen pops up and tells me that I am missing a plugin and that I need to download java. I already have the java and have removed all the old ones, and even the new and reinstalled it several times, I am using Mozilla fire fox and running xp. The games on all other places work fine, only in pogo am I having this problem.
    Please help
    Thanks

2. Kiki8592

Kiki8592

A week ago Thursday, I logged into Pogo.com, played a couple of games, then logged out. The next day, I logged back in, tried to play some games, got the message that I needed to add Java (not update). While searching for help on the website, I then noticed that there's no longer any live chat or even an email address for Pogo. All there was was the variuos forums and FAQs, and if none of those answered your questions, once you clicked on Contact Us it loopedyou back to the same forums and FAQs.

Here's my solution: I cancelled my subscription. And while Pogo is sorry to see me go, it has yet to ask why. There's no substitution for good customer service. I refuse to spend my money where I can't even get an acknowledgement.

Considering how Java-driven Pgo is, you would tink they'd be all over the problem and demanding that Java get its act straight. Instead, they dispense with pesky help features.

I apparently can't control Pogo, but I can control me.

This probably doesn't help you; I have other issues with Pogo as well (slow game play, taking gems then not allowing game play, etc). I enjoyed Pogo, but as I said, I'm not spending my money where I get no customer service at all.:cool:

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Newer Fire Fox auto disables the java plug-in, (because of the security risk) even the newest Java update gets disabled.
    If you have checked and the plug-in is enabled in FF, then it may be an issue with Pogo. Might even be an issue with Pogo and Fire Fox. I have found that some sites will update and not test every browsers compatibility.

A while ago there was an issue with Blizzard (World of Warcraft) web pages not working with Fire Fox, it was due to an certificate error on Blizzards end. It was eventually fixed.

You may just need to wait a while, keep bugging support, you may finally get through. :D

4. bubbles1234

bubbles1234

To all users we had the same problem we go to pogo's website and the java script pops up ,

saying java is not installed. i download microsoft fixer and it worked right away.

go to goggle search and type in microsoft fixer it will download a program mine worked.

also pogo doesnt always update their site for java at all. hope that solves the problem .bubbles1234

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice