1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dawter, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawter

Dawter Thread Starter

My employer has a portal where we go to read our email, etc. They set up a new Time Card system where we record our time online now.
    We are supposed to update to JS2E Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11.
    I cannot for the life of me uninstall the JS2E. I can't find it in my add/remove programs. I used Revo Uninstaller and it found it but said something like "this button is to remove only programs installed" meaning it isn't detecting that it's installed.
    I ran a command prompt and it is installed but isn't the latest version.
    I have been to Java website, written them an email, tried to download and install the update but it always fails with no error number.
    I have downloaded JS2E Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11 but when I click on it it never will open.
    I am at my wits end with this. I know my Java is messed up because in my employers portal there are things I cannot see.
    I use IE version 6. I got this problem corrected one time as I reformatted so a clean install did the trick. But I am nowhere near reformatting again.
    Java website is no help at all.

2. golferbob

golferbob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice