1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java Script Application

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by donsor, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

For some reason every time I change website, I get this warning which states:

JAVA SCRIPT APPLICATION
    Error: Type error: Netscape. Prevelege Manager is undefined.

It gets to be annoying. I removed Java from my PC but this warning is still there.

BTW my OS is WinXP HomEd 32 Bit.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Java has nothing to do with JavaScript.

I'm guessing this is happening with Firefox?

As a test, try running Firefox without add-ons (Safe Mode).

If all is well in that mode, you'll need to isolate the offending extension or plugin.

3. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

All is not well in that mode.

4. TOGG

TOGG

5. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

I have read many of the troubleshooting suggestions in the Mozilla Support forum but still no joy. But it seems to me that the problem is with Mozilla. So what I'll do is to make Internet Explorer as my Default Browser and remove Mozilla Firefox. I got too many junk on the Toolbar so Internet Explorer may not be too sophisticated but I hope it works. Later on I may decide to load Mozilla or Google Chrome and see if they work with no prolem.

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Reinstalling Firefox might solve it. However, if it's a matter of corrupted Firefox profile, keeping it will not solve the problem. You'll need to either delete the profile and create another new one, or only keep your bookmarks and delete the rest.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice