1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Java Script?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by paublo, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

Sorry if this is wrong forum but i just ran a browser security check and it has problems with the Java Script.

Question-Do I need Java Script( I download a wide variety of things)

I have gotten some downloader viruses in the past and it suggests that removing Java Script may help, is this true?

I currently run Spy-bot,Ad-aware,Avg 6.0(free edition)and will run House Call on-line just to be sure.

Can I do more?

THX.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I don't know what "security check" you ran. Was it referring to javascript or Java? They are not the same. You will need to provide more information.

You need javascript. You don't need Java

3. Corrosive

Corrosive

Actually, you don't need any of them. I disable Javascript for a varienty of reasons (not least because some of the tricks people use on their pages really gets on my nerves) and get on just fine. I just enable it when I need it.

4. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

6. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

Thx for your reply

in your personell opinion < am I running enough protection not to worry(but still consider possibility) of Viruses and such

Can and should I do More ?

Thx Again

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I'm not sure what protection you are running. I assume you have a recently updated Antivirus. Do you also have a firewall or are using XPs native firewall? If you use Internet Explorer, do you have the latest cumulative patch installed?

If so, and your Security options are at least set to "medium", I would say you are adequate for most situations. But a lot depends on your surfing habits.

8. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

Sorry, I have Avg free edition(updated), Xp firewall protection.Ad-aware and spybotS&D(run reguarly)

I do download and delete a lot(just learning by trial and ERROR)lol

Any advice appreciated
    Thx.

9. Corrosive

Corrosive

Well, it shouldn't cause you too much hassle. Just make sure you know exactly what you are downloading. A picture of Anna Kournikova in the buff ain't gonna end in a .EXE extension y'know... :D

10. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

That does'nt stand for excellent (LMAO)

Thank You for advice.

Any other is appreciated (need more input) lol

Thx.

11. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice