Java upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jusmee

Hi All, I keep getting a notice in the lower rt hand corner of my screen wanting me to up-grade Java. I don't want this annoyance continuing. How do i get rid of it?

Now the Java icon is in the row of icons in the row of stuff in that corner. How do i get rid of that, and other icons i don't want???

Any help will be appreciated... Roger

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Run MSCONFIG (Start > Run > type: msconfig). In the Startup tab uncheck the boxes for "jusched" and "jucheck".

Also you might go to add/remove programs.. remove your outdated version (there may actually be several listed) of JAVA and then go to JAVA.com and get the latest version. If you choose this option watch the download and remove the check where it also adds Google toolbar (unless you want it). Then do as Frank suggests by going to MSCONFIG and unchecking Java update.

Jusmee

...guys. I'll do it/them. But, really what is JAVA? I don't think i've ever used it??? Any value?? Thanks again. Roger

Jusmee

Thanks both. Following your reassurances, i checked Java out and up-graded it. Since i have it, might as well have the latest, eh? Roger, & out...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online