Java Virtual Machine Launcher error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skiabox

I can't get rid of this popup every time I open my pc.
I have tried everything.
Here's the error :

Java Virtual Machine Launcher
Error : could not open 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg

There is no amd64 folder in the jdk1.6.0_21

Thank you.

I don't actually know the answer to your problem, but there may be a clue in the error message where it refers to ' jdk1.6.0_21\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg' .

JDK refers to the Java Developers Kit, which is only needed if you intend to develop your own java applications or applets (see the explanation on the Sun download page;http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html). If you aren't a developer you probably have the wrong type of Java installed which is looking for a component you don't have.

As the JDK also includes the JRE that end users need, you probably don't need to do anything until you upgrade to the next JRE version when the next security scare turns up! If the popup is too irritating, I suppose you could uninstall the JDK and replace it with the JRE (although there are a few threads around here where people are having problems with Java uninstall and reinstalls).

As a matter of interest, do you by any chance have an AMD 64 bit processor, since that is the other thing the error message appears to mention?

skiabox

I have a i7 and I am a developer(I write java too).The problem seem to be caused by the latest 64bit jdk installer.The problem is that I cannot get rid of it, even if I uninstall everything and install them again automatically or manually.Path is correct in the environment variables. so I don't know what to do next.Any ideas?
Thank you for your answers!

You obviously know more about this type of stuff than I do (what's an i7?), so I doubt I can be of any more help.

If you usually allow the jusched updater to run, you may already have JDK 6 U 22, (which came out today) and the routine whereby new versions now uninstall old ones should have solved your problem for you (if it works)!

I always assume the worst and so I used Revo Uninstaller to get rid of U21 before I installed 22. I don't have a 64 bit system though, and there do seem to be extra problems with a lot of 64bit apps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online