1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

java virtual machine launcher

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rp330, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rp330

rp330 Thread Starter

every time I turn on the computer I get a warning from java virtual machine launcher.
    It reads: Java virtural machine launcher
    cannot find main class- program will exit
    ok
    press ok and menu will exit.
    the computer works good, but once in a while will lock up when you try to open a program likre the e-mail or internet explorer.
    It will lock up tight, have to shut it down and restart to release the lock. I installed new virtual machine (5) and new java script tm(2) 1.4.0 and still get warning. how do I fix this warning and what is it not finding that should be there. I haven't deleted anything out of the computer. unless my grandson did and took something out. like a shared fileor something??? puzzle?? thank you ron

2. brianF

brianF

Look in your startup programs for something calling this application.

I don't believe it is native to windows and something loading at startup is calling it.

start/run/type msconfig and press enter
    go to the startup tab, uncheck everything not necessary.

Check your startup folder for anything loading from there and remove if not necessary.

Reboot, do you still have the error

3. rp330

rp330 Thread Starter

These thinks were checked and I unchecked them:
    WNAD-----c\windows\WNAD.exe
    scheduling agent---mstask exe.
    hidserv----hideserv.exe.run
    swapnut-- c\progra~1\javasoft\jre\13~1.1.0\bin\javaw.exe

swapnut must have been the one. the warning is not there anymore. I don't know what that is (swapnut) my grandson must have put something in there and deleted it and didn't finish the job. Had me confused as to what was causeing this warning. I knew I didn't do anything. grandson is 12yrs. old and thinks he knows all about computers. he said he didn't do anything. ha! ha!
    yhank you very much for the help. Ron

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice