1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JAVA: wnat to know about JAVA built in Packages

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by sepala, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Hi,

I am a JAVA beginner, who started JAVA 1 and 1/2 months before. Each and every time when I need to do something not in book, I have to ask my lecturers "I need to do this..What built in JAVA package should I import and how to use it??"...I have had enough of asking like this. From where I can learn about built in JAVA packages and the way of using them? In these days, I need to learn how to add and use KEY LISTENER and I want to make my JAVA software more beautiful. What packages, classes, should I import to do this and from where I can learn how to use them?

2. DaBeers

DaBeers

It sounds to me like your looking for the Java APIs. This is the technical papers that let you see what libraries you can import and call on. I'm not sure which version your using, but this page will get you started:
    http://java.sun.com/reference/api/ (Find and click your version, then look for the APIs link)

You should probably pay attention to the Swing classes if your interested in building user interfaces.
    javax.swing.JComponent provides many of the basic form types found in the Windows.Form classes.

GL,

3. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

OHHHHHHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..........Thanks DaBeers!!! Very Good Reference....But their examples are not so clear for me...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971164