1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

java

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sun_beam, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sun_beam

sun_beam Thread Starter

undefinedundefinedundefined
    one of my friend told me that who using windows xp, can't sighn in some sites specially chat sites, i am using windows xp home edition, should i install java and how i can get it, thanks :)
    sun_beam

2. MINz

MINz

Installing Java isn't a bad idea. Many site require it.

Also you may want to look at any security software that may be installed on the system. Norton Internet Security will, by default, prevent some sites from working properly.

MINz

3. sun_beam

sun_beam Thread Starter

4. sun_beam

sun_beam Thread Starter

thanks, i have spybot on my computer

5. PcGrafix

PcGrafix

You can have some issues with some sites using Java on systems that use Microsoft VM (Virtual Machine)

Even though Microsoft stopped releasing new versions of this I haven't seen a fix offered up on windows update to make Java the default app to handle the code.

That being said if you want to install java it might be a good idea to get rid of VM.

http://minimalist.com/Articles/VMRemove.aspx

Has good instructions on this to make Java the default App for handling the code in these web pages.

As far as getting java installed goes just go to

http://java.com/en/index.jsp

Then click get it now under free download it will handle it, You might have to click yes to agree or something minor like that.

Hope this helps you out

6. sun_beam

sun_beam Thread Starter

thanks a lot (y)

7. mnemonix

mnemonix

i still dont know why windows doesnt come with java already.

i found it by searching for MSJVM - it seems pretty illusive. microsoft dont have a obvious download location on their site.

8. everbeyond

everbeyond

since java sun is ms's competetor. Ms has their C# which almost can do whatever java does. If u need java, just install java virtual machine. ;)

9. sun_beam

sun_beam Thread Starter

thanks a lotundefined :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice