java

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sun_beam

undefinedundefinedundefined
one of my friend told me that who using windows xp, can't sighn in some sites specially chat sites, i am using windows xp home edition, should i install java and how i can get it, thanks :)
sun_beam

Installing Java isn't a bad idea. Many site require it.

Also you may want to look at any security software that may be installed on the system. Norton Internet Security will, by default, prevent some sites from working properly.

MINz

sun_beam

MINz said:
Installing Java isn't a bad idea. Many site require it.

Also you may want to look at any security software that may be installed on the system. Norton Internet Security will, by default, prevent some sites from working properly.

MINz

You can have some issues with some sites using Java on systems that use Microsoft VM (Virtual Machine)

Even though Microsoft stopped releasing new versions of this I haven't seen a fix offered up on windows update to make Java the default app to handle the code.

That being said if you want to install java it might be a good idea to get rid of VM.

http://minimalist.com/Articles/VMRemove.aspx

Has good instructions on this to make Java the default App for handling the code in these web pages.

As far as getting java installed goes just go to

http://java.com/en/index.jsp

Then click get it now under free download it will handle it, You might have to click yes to agree or something minor like that.

Hope this helps you out

i still dont know why windows doesnt come with java already.

i found it by searching for MSJVM - it seems pretty illusive. microsoft dont have a obvious download location on their site.

mnemonix said:
i still dont know why windows doesnt come with java already.

i found it by searching for MSJVM - it seems pretty illusive. microsoft dont have a obvious download location on their site.
since java sun is ms's competetor. Ms has their C# which almost can do whatever java does. If u need java, just install java virtual machine. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online