1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Javascript disabled cannot watch on youtube!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tabangpls, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tabangpls

tabangpls Thread Starter

Guys please help me..

I recently had a virus removed.... The problem is it somehow managed to disable some of my javascripts. I can't view some of the content on websites and on youtube the player does not show up.

I can't watch on youtube as it shows this message:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I have the latest version of flash player so its impossible that its my flash player...

How do i enable my java scripts?

thanks in advance and much appreciated

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi tabangpls,

What browser are you using? IE, Firefox, Other?

For example, if you are using Firefox with NoScript add-on extension, then you simply have to Allow JavaScript execution in your NoScript preferences.

-- Tom

3. tabangpls

tabangpls Thread Starter

i'm using ie btw.. I went to tools-manage add ons and it says my flash player is enabled... but the problem still persists.

4. WWEFreak666

WWEFreak666

So you have the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. Try installing the newest version of Java.

5. MiSSYT88

MiSSYT88

I am having this same exact problem and ive done everything, uninstalled Adobe reinstalled it with the newest version and i can not get youtube to work! and it happened all of a sudden i dont know whats wrong, i even tried to restore my computer thinking that would solve the problem but it didnt please help if you can!! thanks alot. Melissa

6. WWEFreak666

WWEFreak666

Are you sure you guys have the lastest versions of Java? Java and Adobe Flash Player are two different things, but both are required. http://www.java.com/en/ then just click on Free Java Download.

7. bozz

bozz

Java and Javascript are not the same thing. ;)

tabangpls...
    Have you tried this:

How do I enable JavaScript in my browser?

8. tabangpls

tabangpls Thread Starter

yes...my active scripting is enabled and i am 100% sure that my flash player/java is the latst version.

9. tabangpls

tabangpls Thread Starter

10. bozz

bozz

11. tabangpls

tabangpls Thread Starter

i've inally manage to solve the poblem.... thanks to another thread on the forum... i basically delted my cookies and poof... problem solved..... thanks anyway

12. bozz

bozz

<inserts whack to the forehead here>... :)

Glad you got things worked out.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705435