1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JavaScript does not work on the site

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by shalin_99, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shalin_99

shalin_99 Thread Starter

Hello,

I've a domain name
    Since the day I started using the domain name to my blogger site,
    The ads which I've put on the blog stopped working, the ads which are based on javascript.

I created a new self hosted site, and transferred this domain name to the new self hosted site, and the ads didn't show up.

When I open the site using some other URL, the ads do show up. And when I use it through <domian> the ads based on javascript don't show up.

Here's an illustration:
    This is the temp domain give by my host, the ads do show up on the site: <domian>

And the ads aren't showing up on the site when opened through this URL - <domian>

Please give me a solution regarding this urgently.
    Thanks a lot.

PS: I'm talking just about the JavaScript based ads. The rest do work.

2. dukevyner

dukevyner

Welcome to T.S.G First i would like to point out that some images on that site are not "Family friendly" The rules are a bit iffy on this so i am going to report the post to a mod, to deal with this, it may be good idea to not link to sites with nudity... i understand that this may be difficult in the case of web design issues, but keep in mind that I am just making a suggestion the rules are grey this , a moderator will determine weather the link is a problem.

Now to the problem... to witch ads are you referring to, i have looked at the site, and i can see ads just fine... on both domains, a likely culprit is a cache, this is where your browser remembers a page so it will load faster next time... try clearing your cache... this can be done in the same place as clearing your history (in google chrome click the wrench/spanner, then settings, and look for history[note: in new versions this may be in "Show advanced settings"])

Hope this helps,

-Luke

3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

this is a family friendly site - so we do not allow this material to be posted here.

i have left the question and answer here , although asked admin to review

4. dukevyner

dukevyner

Thank you for clarifying etaf, as i said i wasn't sure weather this was breaking any rules, figured it was better to be safe then sorry and that a mod would know more

5. shalin_99

shalin_99 Thread Starter

Hi Luke,
    No one is able to see the ads when opened thru the top-level main domain

Can you please screenshot it to me?
    It'd be of great help.
    Thanks man

6. dukevyner

dukevyner

Attached Files:

• demo.jpg
      demo.jpg
      File size:
      171.9 KB
      Views:
  7. shalin_99

shalin_99 Thread Starter

Thanks a lot.
    That is what am telling you,
    You cannot see the square block on the right sidebar when you open it using the .in
    and when you open it using that sub domain, that square block is up.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066965